Thursday, May 19, 2011

First BIG project

Over the next few days, we will be taking on the job of building an entertainment center, (to clarify, be we, I will be browsing the internet for all sorts of inspiration, and my husband will be hard at work trying to make my dreams a reality).

Right now, we have an open space in the family room, it's about eight feet tall, 67 inches wide, and 24 inches deep.  Here's a photo of what it looks like right now:

What a mess! (If it's not obvious, I'm still painting the walls... and before you freak out, that carpeting is going real soon).

We'll be wall mounting the TV, then building nice storage space below the TV, probably doing a bead board back, and then framing out the space with some pretty trim!

Below are a few photos of my favorite entertainment centers!








The first two photos I found while browsing Google Images. The 3rd photo is from a favorite blog of mine, The Stories of A to Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment